Shuten Dojo

Pokemon D/P/Pt Wifi Dojo.


    Pokemon World Championships

    Share
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm

    They announced the Pokemon Championships for 2009 =).

    http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/49.html

    No more dumb random drawings, it seems ^^. Silly rules, of course, but what can ya do :p. Nintendo loves Doubles >_>.


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

    Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Age : 23
    Location : DOWN SOUTH!!!
    Yen : 37300
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Tobi on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pm

    With no pokemon over level 50.

    Nintedo, why must you ruin your own game?
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:42 pm

    Tobi wrote:With no pokemon over level 50.

    Nintedo, why must you ruin your own game?

    Yeah, it's lame, because I have an awesome Kingdra, Togekiss, and Ludicolo, totally legal (not hacked at all, lol). But they're level 100 so I have to re-breed ;_;.


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

    Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Age : 23
    Location : DOWN SOUTH!!!
    Yen : 37300
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Tobi on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:45 pm

    Can they tell if you used a hacked pokemon to breed a pokemon that you wanted?

    Or, if you use hacks to catch the right natured Pokemon?

    Or fuck, if you used Pokesav perfectly.
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:51 pm

    Tobi wrote:Can they tell if you used a hacked pokemon to breed a pokemon that you wanted?

    Or, if you use hacks to catch the right natured Pokemon?

    Or fuck, if you used Pokesav perfectly.

    Only the Nintendo employees know exactly what the hack checker can find.

    However, it does catch Pokemon that codes were used to get, as well as most Pokesav Pokemon (even ones made perfectly).

    But there's no way for a hack checker to know that you hacked the parents of a Pokemon, so that's safe, I guess.

    The main problem, though, with ANY hacking, is that they're checking your cartridge...not the individual Pokemon. So I would recommend not using ANY codes on your new copy of Platinum when you get it. Do all of your breeding on Diamond, so you can use codes like fast egg hatching and instant EV training.


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Tobi
    Ubers Sensei
    Ubers Sensei

    Male
    Number of posts : 4518
    Age : 23
    Location : DOWN SOUTH!!!
    Yen : 37300
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Tobi on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:54 pm

    I don't plan to join any tornys, I lose on here for the love of God.

    But thanks for telling me.

    Also, Could I get my Weavile and Bastad Sprites changed to their Plat ones?
    avatar
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

    Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Age : 25
    Yen : 41800
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Ninja on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:46 am

    Pokemon World Championships sounds epic =P

    You should make it to the finals, Sami =D

    And take KO and Shiki with you xD


    _________________


    Replace Chomp with Starmie in 1st TC
    avatar
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

    Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Age : 23
    Location : !
    Yen : 89500
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Zenith on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:35 am

    What about me? :(


    _________________
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...


    [quote="Ninja"]6+Roll(1)=9[/quote]
    [19:25:59] Prostiboots : Especiallyabout soething like every pokaymanzo n her tea counters.
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:28 am

    Ninja wrote:Pokemon World Championships sounds epic =P

    You should make it to the finals, Sami =D

    And take KO and Shiki with you xD

    If they have a tournament in NY, I'll be going, at least XD.

    I need to make a team, though, as my guys are above level 50 >_<;.


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Shine
    Contributor
    Contributor

    Male
    Number of posts : 1642
    Age : 27
    Yen : 19310
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Shine on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:37 am

    I would attempt to enter, but Doubles isn't exactly my strong suit.

    I'm still debating on whether or not I should pick up Platinum when it comes out...
    avatar
    Duncan
    Double Battle Sensei
    Double Battle Sensei

    Male
    Number of posts : 343
    Age : 22
    Yen : 4500
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Duncan on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:54 am

    Tobi wrote:With no pokemon over level 50.

    Nintedo, why must you ruin your own game?

    That is CRAP.

    Hmm....

    You don't have a "change to lvl 50" cheat, do you? I guess it doesn't matter though, we could just remake our teams w/ your action replay. Wanna come with?
    avatar
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

    Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Age : 23
    Location : !
    Yen : 89500
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Zenith on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:58 pm

    They do use hack checker, you know. You're not going to just be able to hax your teams.


    _________________
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...


    [quote="Ninja"]6+Roll(1)=9[/quote]
    [19:25:59] Prostiboots : Especiallyabout soething like every pokaymanzo n her tea counters.
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:26 pm

    Yup, Ryu's correct.

    Even just modifying already existing Pokemon is enough for the hack checkers to catch you.

    I would recommend not using ANY codes on the cartridge you bring, to be on the safe side.


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Duncan
    Double Battle Sensei
    Double Battle Sensei

    Male
    Number of posts : 343
    Age : 22
    Yen : 4500
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Duncan on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:04 pm

    No, I mean just to catch the pokemon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count on the hack checker. Because I can use them on PBR. And I could just do it on diamond, so it doesn't mark platinum as hacked.
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 pm

    Duncan wrote:No, I mean just to catch the pokemon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count on the hack checker. Because I can use them on PBR. And I could just do it on diamond, so it doesn't mark platinum as hacked.

    It would catch it as you're modifying the cartridge (...technically, "game card" or whatever...but meh) itself.

    However, if the met location/levels/IVs/etc. are all correct, it would probably be ok as long as you caught them in Diamond and not Platinum.

    Using Pokemon on PBR means nothing. PBR only catches the worst hacks (or ones where the person made a small error like not specifying the game or language). Nintendo's hack checking devices are much more sophisticated, believe me.


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Duncan
    Double Battle Sensei
    Double Battle Sensei

    Male
    Number of posts : 343
    Age : 22
    Yen : 4500
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Duncan on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:45 pm

    Sasami wrote:
    Duncan wrote:No, I mean just to catch the pokemon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count on the hack checker. Because I can use them on PBR. And I could just do it on diamond, so it doesn't mark platinum as hacked.

    It would catch it as you're modifying the cartridge (...technically, "game card" or whatever...but meh) itself.

    However, if the met location/levels/IVs/etc. are all correct, it would probably be ok as long as you caught them in Diamond and not Platinum.

    Using Pokemon on PBR means nothing. PBR only catches the worst hacks (or ones where the person made a small error like not specifying the game or language). Nintendo's hack checking devices are much more sophisticated, believe me.

    Hmm...

    When I went to JAA, they just told us the matchups, sent us to XD, and that was it. I don't recall any checkers 0_o
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:59 pm

    Duncan wrote:
    Sasami wrote:
    Duncan wrote:No, I mean just to catch the pokemon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count on the hack checker. Because I can use them on PBR. And I could just do it on diamond, so it doesn't mark platinum as hacked.

    It would catch it as you're modifying the cartridge (...technically, "game card" or whatever...but meh) itself.

    However, if the met location/levels/IVs/etc. are all correct, it would probably be ok as long as you caught them in Diamond and not Platinum.

    Using Pokemon on PBR means nothing. PBR only catches the worst hacks (or ones where the person made a small error like not specifying the game or language). Nintendo's hack checking devices are much more sophisticated, believe me.

    Hmm...

    When I went to JAA, they just told us the matchups, sent us to XD, and that was it. I don't recall any checkers 0_o

    This isn't JAA. At JAA, they just had the serious hack checks for finals, if I remember correctly (or perhaps semifinals, too?).


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Duncan
    Double Battle Sensei
    Double Battle Sensei

    Male
    Number of posts : 343
    Age : 22
    Yen : 4500
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Duncan on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:00 pm

    Sasami wrote:
    Duncan wrote:
    Sasami wrote:
    Duncan wrote:No, I mean just to catch the pokemon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count on the hack checker. Because I can use them on PBR. And I could just do it on diamond, so it doesn't mark platinum as hacked.

    It would catch it as you're modifying the cartridge (...technically, "game card" or whatever...but meh) itself.

    However, if the met location/levels/IVs/etc. are all correct, it would probably be ok as long as you caught them in Diamond and not Platinum.

    Using Pokemon on PBR means nothing. PBR only catches the worst hacks (or ones where the person made a small error like not specifying the game or language). Nintendo's hack checking devices are much more sophisticated, believe me.

    Hmm...

    When I went to JAA, they just told us the matchups, sent us to XD, and that was it. I don't recall any checkers 0_o

    This isn't JAA. At JAA, they just had the serious hack checks for finals, if I remember correctly (or perhaps semifinals, too?).


    Ah... I see.

    I didn't know Nintendo really did any tourneys before that.
    avatar
    KOkingpin

    Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Age : 32
    Location : Murfreesboro, TN
    Yen : 12000
    Rank :
    Registration date : 2008-05-10

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by KOkingpin on Thu May 28, 2009 5:30 pm

    lol im housing some friends for this in nashville! who wants housing at my place!?!?! (coughcoughsamicoughcough)
    avatar
    Zenith
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator
    Strategy Sensei/Chatbox Moderator

    Male
    Number of posts : 2252
    Age : 23
    Location : !
    Yen : 89500
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Zenith on Thu May 28, 2009 7:21 pm

    I want housing D:

    It's getting there that's the problem XD


    _________________
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...


    [quote="Ninja"]6+Roll(1)=9[/quote]
    [19:25:59] Prostiboots : Especiallyabout soething like every pokaymanzo n her tea counters.
    avatar
    Sasami
    Master Sensei/Admin
    Master Sensei/Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 3133
    Age : 26
    Location : New York
    Yen : 121200
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-08

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sasami on Thu May 28, 2009 8:02 pm

    Lord Ryu wrote:
    It's getting there that's the problem XD

    This.

    XD

    Otherwise we'd also be going to Philadelphia! But alas, no way to get there.

    'Sides, the chances of getting in are slim because Nintendo fails.


    _________________
    [quote="Ninja"]Sami, the Dice is not existing again![/quote]
    avatar
    Ninja
    UU Sensei/Moderator
    UU Sensei/Moderator

    Male
    Number of posts : 3030
    Age : 25
    Yen : 41800
    Rank :
    User's Pokemon :
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Ninja on Thu May 28, 2009 9:56 pm

    Sasami wrote:
    'Sides, the chances of getting in are slim because Nintendo fails.

    This.

    Is better.


    _________________


    Replace Chomp with Starmie in 1st TC

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pokemon World Championships

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:46 am